The Dead Sea is a pleasant and not too long trip from anywhere in Israel - by car or bus. Highway 90, the north/south route, is an excellent road and offers amazing scenic views. The east/west roads are equally good.
Below are my favorite Websites for "getting into the groove of Israel" - info about the Dead Sea, nearby towns, and the country, in general. Enjoy!
Dead Sea Tourism
- Tourist Israel
- The Israeli Traveler Experience
- Ecotourism Israel
- Go Visit Israel
- Israel Ministry of Tourism
Getting to Know Israel
- Jerusalem Blueprint
- Israel 21c
- Israel Union for Environmental Defense
- The Real Jerusalem Streets
- eLuna Kosher Restaurant Guide